Cavan Innovation and Technology Centre is committed to providing information and services that are fully accessible to people with disabilities.
The following access keys are used on the website:
- Skip to content (S)
- Home Page (1)
- About us (2)
- Site Map (3)
- Search (4)
Page layout and navigation
Pages on the website are structured as follows
- Global Links: Skip to contents, Contact us, Sitemap
- Search box – key word searching of the website (access key 4)
- Main navigation – links to the main sections of the web site
- Room Hire
- About us
- Content – main content for that page, structured using headings and paragraph elements
- Section navigation – when you select a category in the main navigation panel a list of further navigation links is available for that section
The site is designed in accordance with priority 1, 2, and 3 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and the Irish National Disability Authority Guidelines for Web Accessibility.
The website uses structured semantic markup. H2 tags are used for main titles, H3 tags for subtitles.
The website uses cascading style sheets for visual layout. This ensures that content is perfectly linearised and improves performance on a wide range of browsers and other user agents
Pages are designed to validate as DTD XHTML 1.01 Transitional.
To help deliver and maintain an accessible website, we have published internal guidelines to guide web and authors in the creation of accessible web content.
These guidelines cover issues such as
- Creating user friendly web content
- Writing meaningful alternative text
- Creating accessible tables
- Creating accessible forms
- Creating accessible link phrases