Duration: 3 day course
Dates: To be scheduled in 2019
Blockchain is an emerging technology pattern that can radically improve banking, supply-chain,
and other transaction networks, creating new opportunities for innovation. Blockchain technology
offers exciting possibilities to radically improve transactions networks, enabling innovations
for asset transfer while reducing the cost and risk. Blockchain technology provides the basis for
a dynamic shared ledger that can be applied to save time when recording transactions between
parties, remove costs associated with intermediaries, and reduce risks of fraud and tampering.
All industries can benefit from this technology, from manufacturing to finance and intellectual
Blockchain is a technology for a new generation of transactional applications that establishes
trust, accountability and transparency, while streamlining business processes. The blockchain
network was first introduced by bitcoin, but its practical uses extend far beyond cryptocurrency
This 3.0-day course teaches you what blockchain is and why it is important. You will learn the
fundamentals of blockchain and how this technology will revolutionize transactions and business
In this course, you learn about the key architectural components that are specific to the
Hyperledger Fabric project and how they interact to provide a foundation for a business blockchain
The hands-on labs in this course show you how to deploy an Hyperledger network Fabric, how to create
a working chaincode, deploy it to a blockchain network running on linux on z Systems (or Linuxone),
and run some simple tests with it.
This course is designed for Developers and system programmers who are interested in blockchain
technology but have little to no experience with blockchain and chaincode.
It is also for developers to quickly understand blockchain technology and to give hands-on
experience with sample use cases.
This course is intended for IT professionals who will be responsible for the support of Blockchain
on linux on z or Linuxone paltforms.
Objectives After completing this course, you should be able to:
· Understanding what blockchain is and why it is important.
· Learn the fundamentals of blockchain and how this technology will revolutionize transactions and
· Discover the important difference between blockchain and blockchain for business and what makes
blockchain an ideal solution for streamlining business networks.
· Understand how blockchain technology can solve business problem and how this technology adds
· Understand what blockchain is, how it works, and how it can enhance your business and the
industry in which it operates.
· Apply blockchain to a business network.
· Explore blockchain and the Hyperledger Fabric Project.
· Understand the Linux Foundation Hyperledger and IBM’s value proposition.
· Discover the Hyperledger project —an open-source collaboration working to advance the development
of cross-industry blockchain technologies.
· Learn about the Hyperledger Fabric and the instrumental role it plays in developing a blockchain
· Implement and setup a blockchain network
· Build your first chaincode and develop smart contracts (chaincode)
· Create your own private blockchain network and add code for Smart Contracts using the chaincode
interface from the Hyperledger Project’s Fabric.
· Learn the basics of developing applications with chaincode.