- This event has passed.
16th April 2018 - 18th April 2018€70 - €500
2nd International Symposium on Small-scale Intelligent Manufacturing Systems (SIMS 2018) – is the leading international forum for academic and industrial experts to disseminate information on the most recent theories, practices and research results in the field of Small-scale Intelligent Manufacturing Systems. For more information see: http://sims.uit.no/
Registration and fees
Advance registration is available at reduced rates until 15 March 2018.
In advance – IEEE Members: 450 €
In advance – Non-IEEE members: 500 €
In advance – reduced student () or Life IEEE member: 300 € *
On-site – IEEE Member: 600 €
On-site – Non-IEEE members: 700 €
On-site – reduced: 475 €
Accompanying person: 150 €
Extra page: 70 €
Additional paper: 125 €
Regular registration fees include:
Admission to all sessions
Refreshment in coffee breaks
Lunches and dinners
Reduced rates do not include dinners.
* Student registration does not include a paper submission. If you are a student wishing to register a paper at the conference you will need to apply for a ‘full’ registration fee.
All registration fees listed above are per person. One paper per full registration is included in the registration fee, maximum one additional paper for full registrations.
Introduction to IEEE PDF eXpress:
All conference articles submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore must adhere to the IEEE Xplore PDF specification for compatibility.
IEEE PDF eXpress is a free service to IEEE conferences, allowing their authors to make IEEE Xplore-compatible PDFs (Conversion function) or to check PDFs that authors have made themselves for IEEE Xplore compatibility (PDF Check function).
IEEE PDF eXpress Access Info: IEEE eXpress Site
Conference ID: 43611X
Instructions for IEEE PDF eXpress:
Access the IEEE PDF eXpress site at https://www.pdf-express.org/
1. Click ‘New Users – Click Here’.
2. Enter ‘43611X ‘ for the Conference ID, your email address, and choose a new password. Continue to enter information as prompted.
3. You will receive online and email confirmation of successful account setup.
Previous users, but using it the first time for a new conference
Enter 43611X for the Conference ID, your email address, and enter the password you used for your old account.
When you click ‘Login’, you’ll receive an error saying you need to set up an account. Simply click ‘Continue’. By entering your previously used email address and password combination, you will enable your old account for access to this new conference.
Check that the contact information is still valid, and click ‘Submit’.
You will receive online and email confirmation of successful account setup.
Enter 43611X for the Conference ID, email address and password.
1. For each conference paper, click ‘Create New Title
2. Enter identifying text for the paper (title is recommended but not required)
3. Click ‘Submit PDF for Checking’ or ‘Submit Source Files for Conversion’
4. Indicate platform, source file type (if applicable), click Browse and navigate to file, and click “Upload File”. You will receive online and email confirmation of successful upload.
5. You will receive an email with your Checked PDF or IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF attached. If you submitted a PDF for Checking, the email will show if your file passed or failed
6. Submit your paper SIMS 2018, as described below
It is important to note that submitting a file to IEEE PDF eXpress is only for creation of a compliant PDF file, you must still submit your final paper through online submission.
Submission of Papers
Immediately following registration and payment of the conference fee, you should email your paper to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that 15 March is the final deadline.